Insights what are they for and how do they work
Insights are a set of tiles with various analytics for segmented groups. Insights are built based on attributes and conditions (e.g., most common location, device, count of customers that bought a product).
Insights are in:
- Data tab/ Insights tab for the whole customers' database,
- Segment Detail/ Insights tab for segmented customers.
Each insight tile has a similar structure. It contains:
- the data source for which information is coming from,
- name of the insights,
- add to favorites button,
- expand button,
- Summary with information on for how many customers attribute from insight is known for. It is essential to check for how big part of your audience, attribute from insight is known. The attribute may be known only for a small piece of your audience (less than 1 %, for example). In that case, your insight will not represent all your customers. The bigger the percentage is, the more significant part of your audience that insight means.
Insights can be connected to, e.g.:
- revenue (average spending, max-min spending),
- customer engagement (highly engaged customers across the channels or within a particular channel),
- customer behaviour (most common URLs clicked, common locations, devices),
- any other attribute that is available for your dataset.
Most common use cases:
- Checking data quality (e.g., whether segment contains a lot of customers with known PII/ with permission to contact).
- Checking best channel for activation (e.g., the channel with the highest engagement).
- Measure campaign performance (e.g., most common UTM source/medium/campaign that brings web visitors).
- Identify the most common devices/country/OS which help target.
Define with the Meiro team what data matters to you. Setting it up lays within clicks away.