Insights what are they for and how do they work
Insights are a set of tiles with various analytics for segmented groups. Insights are built based on attributes and conditions (eg. most common location, device, count of customers that bought a product).
Insights are in:
- Data tab/ Insights tab for the whole customers' database,
- Segment Detail/ Insights tab for segmented customers.
Each insight tile has a similar structure, it contains:
- data source for which information is coming from,
- name of the insights,
- add to favorites button,
- expand button,
- summary with information on for how many customers attribute from insight is known for. It is important to check for how big part of your audience, attribute from insight is known. It can happen that the attribute is known only for a small part of your audience (less than 1 % for example), in that case, your insight will not represent all your customers. Bigger the percentage is, the bigger part of your audience that insight represents.
With insights, you can quickly dive into analytics of your segmented audience, as well as the whole customer's dataset.
Depending on your marketing objectives and strategy it can be data connected to your revenue (average spending, max-min spending), customer engagement (highly engaged customers across the channels or within a particular channel), customer behaviour (most common URLs clicked, common locations, devices) and any other attribute that is available for your dataset. Understand your customers' behaviour that matters to you across data sources better, which will improve your marketing strategies. You may learn about behaviour that will inspire you to build other segments for your perfect audience.
Most common use cases:
- Checking data quality (eg. whether segment contains a lot of customers with known PII/ with permission to contact).
- Checking best channel for activation (eg. channel with the highest engagement).
- Measure campaign performance (eg. most common UTM source/medium/campaign that brings web visitors).
- Identify the most common devices/country/OS which are useful for targeting.
Simply define with the Meiro team what data matters to you, setting it up lays within clicks away.